Monday, May 26, 2008

Lost Part 2

I was still a little upset as I sat in the hotel room, and wrote in my journal about all that had happened. The thing was, i did not want to believe that Nick and I were over. When Nick called, I expressed again how I felt, and by the end of the conversation, it was clear that I would be staying in Alabama.
I took a long shower before heading off to bed. Ever since I had these bleeding ulcerated tumors, I had been taking showers more frequently - sometimes three times a day. I sat on the floor in the shower stall, which was very tight, as there was only room for one person to stand in, it was that small. The song "Blood and Fire" by the indigo Girls was pouring out of my lips as the hot water covered my whole body. I did not want to get out, since the shower was the only comfortable place in my condition.
The next afternoon, Nick had to take his mother to the doctors, so while she was there, and clueless to my being in town, he came to pick me up and take me to an inn, where they charged rooms by the week. The hotel was $48 dollars a night, but the inn charged $175 for the week. We figured I'd stay there until we found a place, since it was the cheaper way to go. It didn't matter to me, as long as I had a bed and a television - two things I lacked in the four months I had been living in Georgia.
Nick checked me in, and explained to the innkeeper, Connie, of my condition. She seemed pretty cool and down to earth. We brought my things in and then went to the store, where i brought a few groceries to tie me over for the night. He then dropped me off and went to go pick his mother up. This was our goodbye for the evening.
I wouldn't be seeing Nick very much in the next few days, as he was busy catering to his mother while she recovered from her knee surgery, not to mention not only did he have to work, but he didn't have the gas money to make the 30 mile trip every day. Still, i guess i was happy because we were finally in the same time zone.

1 comment:

dalejacquelyn said...

Tiallin Spinning Stainless Steel T-Shirt - Titanium Arts
T-Shirt - Titanium Art | Titsanium Art. The most popular T-Shirt. micro touch trimmer T-Shirt by titanium phone case Titanium Art on the market for titanium dioxide skincare Men & women nier titanium alloy in all shapes where can i buy titanium trim and colors. Rating: 5 · ‎1 review